Who is the Commerce Technician?
He/she is a qualified professional, able to organize and plan the sale of products and/or services in commercial establishments, ensuring customer satisfaction, with the objective of ensuring their loyalty.
Main competences at the end of the Professional Course of Commerce Technician:
- Develop entrepreneurial actions with an innovative, creative and dynamic character;
- Study the company’s products and/or services, characterize the type of customers and gather information about the competition and the market in general, in order to adequately respond to market needs;
- Participate in the design, organization and animation of the point of sale;
- Collaborate in the research, definition and composition of the assortment, presenting proposals, taking into account the evolution of the market, its trends and demand;
- Serving and advising clients, with a view to their loyalty and the satisfaction of their needs;
- Process the sale of products and/or services, using computer equipment and other available means.
Training in the Work Context
Training in the Work Context (FCT) is one of the training components of the Curriculum Plan approved for Professional Courses.
FCT is a time of training in which the trainees’ skills are exercised to perform a certain activity as well as their integration into the labour market, consolidating and developing the acquired skills, whether of a technical or behavioral nature. It is also intended to contribute to the development of the trainee’s spirit of initiative, preparing them for the development of skills that allow them to exercise an activity.
The FCT, according to the course syllabus, takes place throughout the academic years of the course’s teaching, and the internship form will take place in the 2nd and 3rd years, on dates to be defined annually in the academic calendar.