Who is the Sales and Marketing Technician?
He/she is a qualified professional able to plan, coordinate and carry out activities related to the promotion, marketing and sale of products and/or services of a company or institution, in collaboration with marketing and sales manager/director. It performs its function in a sales and/or marketing department integrated in entities from different sectors of activity or in specialized marketing and communication companies.
Main competences at the end of the Sales and Marketing Technician Professional Course:
- Collect information necessary for forecasting and planning commercial, sales, delivery and collection activities;
- Manage and control product delivery activities, costs, relationships with delivery services, complaints or customer service;
- Manage information to and from the customer, its dissemination and translation into service efficiency and customer satisfaction, as well as the use of technologies underlying commercial operations;
- Manage spaces to promote a greater number of sales, as well as sales processes;
- Plan, organize and control work teams and evaluate reports on different situations;
- Supervise the use of prospecting instruments, research methods and techniques;
- Guide the closing of the sale, through the identification of buy signals and knowledge of some of the closing techniques;
- Collaborate in the organization’s marketing management.
Training in the Work Context
Training in the Work Context (FCT) is one of the training components of the Curriculum Plan approved for Professional Courses.
FCT is a time of training in which the trainees’ skills are exercised to perform a certain activity as well as their integration into the labour market, consolidating and developing the acquired skills, whether of a technical or behavioral nature. It is also intended to contribute to the development of the trainee’s spirit of initiative, preparing them for the development of skills that allow them to exercise an activity.
The FCT, according to the course syllabus, takes place throughout the academic years of the course’s teaching, and the internship form will take place in the 2nd and 3rd years, on dates to be defined annually in the academic calendar.