Strategic importance of internationalization
In a context of increasing globalization, Internationalization has become one of the pillars of action of Externato Santa Clara, recognized in its Educational Project, “Act locally; Intervene Globally”. In this sense, the Externato has taken paths of opening to the world to acquire new knowledge, share practices and promote educational innovation. The first steps were the ERASMUS+ VET Accreditation 2021-2027 and becaming a member of the European Forum for Technical and Vocational Education and Training – EfVET. As a result of our work, our growth went beyond European borders, and reached Brazil with the signing of the institutional protocol with the Catholic University of Brasilia, as part of the UNESCO Chair of Youth, Education and Society.
- To provide all students, regardless of their socialeconomic background, access to educational and professional success ;
- Enable the development of emotional (responsibility, maturity and autonomy), technical and vocational skills in our students and staff;
- Develop skills in Foreign Languages (spoken and written) and Information and Communication Technologies;
- Improve opportunities for participate in exchange programmes and contact with new cultures.
- Involve our students and staff in European values and European citizenship;
- Establish and develop international partnerships;
- Review practices and improve of internal processes at Externato;
- Contribute to achieving the smart, sustainable and inclusive growth objectives of the Europe 2020 Strategy and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)2030, by expanding the development of secondary education, reducing early school leaving and increasing youth and adult employability.
- Implementing action Research, ensuring the performance of research products published in international editors indexed in the Web of Science.
- Participation in scientific events, in collaboration with the UNESCO Chair of Youth, Education and Society, to ensure the delivery of oral communications at international symposia.
• March – Approval of ERASMUS+ VET Accreditation for the years 2021-2027, Project No. 2021-1-PT01-KA121-VET-000010896.
• April – Participation in the National Launch Event of the Erasmus+ Programme 2021|27.
• September – Member no. 0688M/PT with the European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education and Training – EfVET
• October – Participation in the online event 30th EfVET Annual Virtual International Conference, “Shaping the Future: Sustainable and Innovative VET”.
• November – Participation in the “Training Course on Supporting Youth on Social Innovation Projects” that took place in Guimarães, promoted by Proacting.
• December – Participation in the General Monitoring Meeting (GMR) of ERASMUS+ projects – KA121 – ADU, SCH and VET.
• February – Participation in the application support session for institutions that will be accredited in 2020 and 2021 and have never applied for funding (KA1) before.
• April to July – Mobility of 5 postgraduates in Barcelona to undertake Training in a work context, for a period of 3 months, for vocational training in Technical trade and Technical Tourism and participation in CLIL training, 20 hours, by 4 teachers.
• Since de April (ongoing) – Contributions, as a partner institution of the Scientific Compendium “Weaved in Creativity”, a collection with the UNESCO seal, created by a wide team of researchers, in a set of six works, 138 chapters, that gather scientific contributions from 131 international researchers, within the framework of the International Network of Creative Schools, that have received the double UNESCO seal (from the UNESCO Chair of Education for Social Justice and the UNESCO Chair in Youth, Education and Society), that have won the award for the Scientific Compendium of the Centenary of the Birth of Edgar Morin. Titles of the works already released: Creativity, adversity and social justice; Creativity, diversity and education; Creativity and human development; Creativity, education and social innovation; Creativity and education in giftedness/superdiversity (skils).
• May – Participation in the Dissemination Conference of the ENNE Project – European National Network for the Improvement of Vocational Education and Training, in Guimarães, promoted by the entity Arts&Skills.
• June – Signing of the Protocol with the Catholic University of Brasilia, within the framework of the UNESCO Chair on Youth, Education and Society, at Externato Santa Clara.
• September to November – Mobility in Spain, Barcelona, of 7 students attending the 12th grade to undertake the Training in a work context, for a period of 3 months, in the vocational Courses, Commerce Technician and Tourism Technician and Frequency in CLIL training, 20 hours, by 3 teachers.
Mobility in Malta, La Valletta, of 8 students attending the 12th grade to undertake Training in a work context, for a period by 3 months, in the vocational Courses, Sports Technician and Sales and Marketing Technician.
• October – Mobility in Slovenia, Maribor, of 2 students attending the 11th grade, economically and socially disadvantaged, to undertake Training in a work context, for a period of 15 days, of the Vocational Course, Technician in Sales and Marketing and participation in the psychologist english refresher course : 25 hours.
Participation in the 31st EfVET Annual Conference in Kuopio, Finland 2022.
• November – Participation in the Workshop VET Teams, hosted by the National Agency.
- Strenghten the Internationalisation path in the dissemination of the Externato Santa Clara education offer.
- Participation in scientific events, aimed at valuing and promoting secondary vocational education and its importance in the international context.
- Upgrading and implementating research and development activities (R&D).
- Promote better communication with the outside world and with partners about activities developed at national and international level.
- Improve in the quality of teaching and training, through the development of an e-pedagogical learning model.
- Promoting a culture of innovation and sustainable development, following the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).