Erasmus+ is a European program that supports education, training, youth and sport.
Erasmus+ mobility has positive effects on educational, social, personal and professional development, as it reinforces knowledge, skills and attitudes, improves employability, contributes to strengthening confidence and independence, stimulates curiosity and innovation , promotes understanding of others and creates a sense of belonging to Europe. Investment in cooperation projects and policy-making activities that allow organizations to gain experience in the field of international cooperation, strengthen their capacities, produce innovative approaches, share good practices and establish networks. Thanks to these actions, Erasmus+ will play an important role in building resilience and supporting recovery and innovation in the fields of education, training, youth and sport.
The 2021-2027 program places a strong emphasis on social inclusion, ecological and digital transitions and promoting youth participation in democratic life.
It supports the priorities and activities set out in the European Education Area, the Digital Education Action Plan and the Skills Agenda for Europe. The program also supports the European Pillar of Social Rights, implements the EU Youth Strategy 2019-2027, develops the European dimension of sport.
- Promote learning abroad opportunities for individuals, both within and outside the EU;
- To increase the social inclusion and well-being of young people;
- Develop basic and transversal skills:
- digital skills;
- Foster innovation, entrepreneurship and employability;
- Enable the acquisition of innovative pedagogies.
At a professional level, ERASMUS promotes:
- Improvement of professional skills
- Greater probability of professional insertion
- Acquiring an entrepreneurial spirit
- Improvement/knowledge of another language
- Knowledge and understanding of other forms of work
- Continuing professional training
- National and European certification and accreditation
On a personal level, ERASMUS promotes:
- Confidence and maturity
- Appreciation of diversity
- Capacity for initiative and autonomy
- Sense of belonging to multicultural Europe
- Greater self-confidence and self-assessment
- Tolerance – adaptability and acceptance of other cultures
- Expanding cultural and geographic horizons worldwide