Who is the Tourism Technician?
He/she is the professional who performs information services, animation and organization of events in tourism companies, reservations at travel agencies and reception and reception in tourist units.
Main competences at the end of the Professional Course of Tourism Technician:
Develop information services, organization and animation of events in tourism companies;
- provide tourist information about the country and the place where it is located;
- organize and monitor animation programs;
- organize special events, conferences and programs for groups;
- proceed with customer service and monitoring, identifying their needs and guiding their choices;
Perform services in travel agencies: present, advise and propose to the client different types of tourist products suited to their motivation and interests;
- transmit to clients all information and documentation regarding the requested tourist service;
- make reservations, issue tickets and vouchers and other relevant documentation for the trips or services to be provided;
- proceed with the sale and invoicing of the services provided;
- organize individual customer processes, make arrival and departure transfers;
- provide assistance at airports (arrivals and departures);
- carry out travel programs, conferences, etc. ;
- organize events and programs for special groups;
- monitor travel agency service providers, such as tour operators, companies or individual customers in the contracting phase;
- organize the travel agency file;
Perform reception and reception services in tourist units:
- carry out research on different types of tourist information;
- provide information and promote tourism products and services;
- sell tourism products and services;
- perform reservation operations;
- provide information on the historical, cultural, ethnographic and gastronomic heritage of the region and the country;
- provide customer assistance;
- perform customer service and reception.
Training in the Work Context
Training in the Work Context (FCT) is one of the training components of the Curriculum Plan approved for Professional Courses.
FCT is a time of training in which the trainees’ skills are exercised to perform a certain activity as well as their integration into the labour market, consolidating and developing the acquired skills, whether of a technical or behavioral nature. It is also intended to contribute to the development of the trainee’s spirit of initiative, preparing them for the development of skills that allow them to exercise an activity.
The FCT, according to the course syllabus, takes place throughout the academic years of the course’s teaching, and the internship form will take place in the 2nd and 3rd years, on dates to be defined annually in the academic calendar.