Who is a Sports Technician?
He/she is a professional who collaborates in the planning, organization and development of training in sports, individual or collective, as well as organizing and promoting physical and sports activities in the context of leisure, entertainment and leisure activities.
Main competences at the end of the Professional Sports Technician Course:
- Develop the annual preparation plan in collaboration with senior technicians responsible for the sport.
- Assist in the preparation and organization of training sessions.
- Guide, under the supervision of a senior technician, the training sessions with a view to the improvement of practitioners in the sport, promoting compliance with the rules of the sport and discipline rules.
- Organize participation and guide practitioners in competition, under the supervision of a higher-level coach.
- Collaborate in the evaluation of the results of the training sessions according to their adequacy to the established objectives, under the supervision of a superior technician.
- Participate, under the supervision of a senior technician, in planning and assisting in the implementation of individual or group activities to improve physical fitness, within the scope of sports training.
- Participate in the design and implementation of physical activity and sports programs in the context of entertainment and leisure activities.
- Assist the superior technician in advising practitioners on the adoption of healthy habits and hygiene care in their daily lives.
Training in the Work Context
Training in the Work Context (FCT) is one of the training components of the Curriculum Plan approved for Professional Courses.
FCT is a time of training in which the trainees’ skills are exercised to perform a certain activity as well as their integration into the labour market, consolidating and developing the acquired skills, whether of a technical or behavioral nature. It is also intended to contribute to the development of the trainee’s spirit of initiative, preparing them for the development of skills that allow them to exercise an activity.
The FCT, according to the course syllabus, takes place throughout the academic years of the course’s teaching, and the internship form will take place in the 2nd and 3rd years, on dates to be defined annually in the academic calendar.